Plantain is usually enjoyed fried, boiled or roasted and eaten with sauces. Plantain porridge is delicious and very easy to prepare.
- 300g unripe Plantain, diced
- 200g ripe plantain, diced
- Pumpkin leaves or spinach, chopped
- 2 tbsp scent leaf, finely chopped
- Chilli Pepper to taste
- 1 large onion bulb
- 1 cup crayfish, ground
- 1 1/2cup Palm oil
- 2 Seasoning cubes
- 400g Dried or Smoked fish
- 500g Meat (optional)
- Peel and wash the plantain
- Season the meat and cook till it soft
- Fry or grill if necessary
- Dice the plantain scraping the sides of each before dicing to get a thickener
- With the stock, cook the plantain adding salt, crayfish, pepper, palm oil and seasoning cubes
- Add water to be a little above the plantain level in the pot
- Add the dried or smoked fish
- When the plantain is soft,mash slightly with a wooden stick
- Add the vegetable and cook for another 5minutes
- Taste for salt and serve with the meat
Does anyone know and alternative to scent leaf?
It does not hav an alternative
i think an alternative is thyme. I'm sure it will mwke it smell nice and also taste better without the scent leaves.
Some people would put dried mint(spice) in the absence of scent leaf
i will like to make this recipes
Scent leaves being natural is beta, tastes even better. Too much thyme in a cooking makes the taste tangy
it's will taste nice without the scent leaves
I like dis when spicy up with little utazi and nchawu leave
Uziza leaf,and ogiri,gives it another gr8 taste.