This plain but delicious cake is one of the simplest cakes to prepare. It is preferred by many who want their cakes the old -fashioned way. Butter cakes are easier to manage and could be enriched with milk, lemon and raisins
- 500g Butter
- 300g Sugar
- 500g Flour
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 nutmeg seed (grated)
- 1 tsp Vanilla or any othr of your choice
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- Fruits (optional)
- Prepare your pans
- Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat eggs till light and fluffy
- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- Pour beaten eggs gradually into butter mixture, alternating with flour and beating well after each addition.
- Remember, folding in is the process used for putting flour and other dry ingredients
- Put in your desired favour or essence
- Pour into your 8 or 9 inch pan and bake in a moderately preheated oven for about one hour
I need measurement 4 5 steps of cake n flavour 2 use
Nice recipe!! but i think that egg should be reduced a bit because it spoils cake on time.
pls can i get recipe measurements for 3 tier cake for wedding.
this recipe is for a 10inch cake so it all depends on the sizes of cake you want to make for the tiers. You can calculate the measurement based on this cake
pls. can i get recipe measurements of making icing sugar for decoration.
I tried dis recipe @ home but i divded d ingredients into two since i didnt want a bigger cake. And it was so wow, my neighbours loved it, thks mamadish, we need more and we also need to show case our finished work.
Pls chriswell,since u did it wat does she mean by pour beaten eggs into d buter mixture alternatn wit flour nd stirn after each adition,does it mean after pourn a litle qty of egg,u pour litle flour den beat,in dat order or wat?
Is a lovely one, bt i really want to know, d measurement for 3 step cake.